THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Janet David & Associates Inc. collects personally identifiable information (that is, information from which an individual can be identified, such as full name, email address and physical address) and other information that visitors to our website provide to us, for example, when completing an assessment, when sending an email or forwarding a resume. We also collect information from our clients and others in the course of the various services that we provide, as well as by conducting research using the Internet and other resources. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals less than eighteen years of age.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We generally use the information that we collect for the purposes for which it is provided and to enhance our services. The following paragraphs describe various specific ways in which we may use personally identifiable and other information. These descriptions are examples, and should not be considered as a complete list of the ways in which we may use or disclose information we have collected.
(a) Information Concerning Candidates
· Identifying positions of interest. We use information that we have collected concerning candidates to identify professional opportunities that may be of interest. We may contact potential candidates from time to time regarding such opportunities.
· Providing data to clients and references. In general, we provide personally identifiable information regarding candidates to prospective employers or reference sources only if the candidate has requested or otherwise consented that we do so. However, from time to time, we are engaged to conduct highly confidential searches for personnel. On those rare occasions, prospective candidates' information may be provided to the client without the candidate's prior request or knowledge.
· Soliciting information regarding candidates. We may contact individuals from time to time to solicit names of or other information regarding potential candidates in connection with a search that we are conducting.
· Refining our Services. We may use information that we collect concerning candidates for purposes of developing and improving our Search Services, and for purposes of collecting and disclosing diversity statistics and other statistical information regarding our candidates and placement activities.
(b) Client Data
We collect information pertaining to our clients, including business contact information, and retain and use such information in providing our Search Services. We may contact you from time to time regarding your needs and the services that we provide.
(c) Other Uses of Information
· Updating your data. We may contact you from time to time to ensure that the information we have collected about you is accurate and current.
· Responding to inquiries. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and we may use any information you provide in your message to respond to your inquiry.
· Other communications. Janet David & Associates Inc. may send from time to time informational or promotional e-mails concerning its management consulting and executive search services.
· Disclosure to service providers. Janet David & Associates Inc. works with third parties who provide services that may include, but are not necessarily limited to, assessment services, including assessment validation services, website hosting, data analysis, resume verification, background checking and other administrative and back-up and security services. We reserve the right to share personally identifiable and other information with such third parties for the purpose of providing their services. In addition, our software development partners may use such information for purposes of modifying, improving, refining and validating their technology, and research and development.
· Disclosure to affiliates. We share the information that we collect with our affiliated companies and we may share the information that we collect with our strategic partners.
· Compliance; emergencies. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to use and release any information that we have collected when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, that unlawful activity may have taken place, to enforce our other policies or published guidelines, to protect the rights, property, safety or security of Janet David & Associates Inc., our visitors or the public, or to respond to an emergency.
USE OF DATA BY CLIENTS AND OTHERS
We cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the actions or omissions of third parties, such as clients, service providers or strategic partners, including the manner in which they use information received either from Janet David & Associates Inc. or from other independent sources. Our website may contain links to other Internet websites, including co-branded or other affiliated sites which may or may not be owned or operated by Janet David & Associates Inc. Unless otherwise expressly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites’ use of any information collected through cookies or other technologies when visitors to the Site click through links to those sites. You should review the privacy policies associated with such sites to understand how their operators collect and use information. This policy does not address the privacy or information practices of any third parties.
Janet David & Associates Inc. monitors visitor traffic patterns throughout the Site by logging Tracking Data, which is collected automatically from each Site visitor. Tracking Data may include information such as the IP address of the visitor’s computer, its browser type and operating system, the referring site, which pages of the Site were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Janet David & Associates Inc. uses Tracking Data and other non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site. We may provide this information to affiliates, current and potential clients, and other business partners.
We use “cookies” — that is, small text files placed on a visitor’s computer hard drive — and other technologies to help us determine information such as the type of content to which a visitor to the Site links, and the length of time each visitor spends at any particular area of the Site. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences). If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use those services that require you to sign in.
Janet David & Associates Inc. has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of visitor information which is under our control. Unfortunately, however, no security system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers, the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and Janet David & Associates Inc.'s servers, or any information provided to us or to any third party through or in connection with the Site.