Company and Context
- Located in Calgary and privately owned, Scott Springfield Manufacturing Inc. (SSM) is a tier-1 supplier that offers scalable air-handling solutions for commercial and industrial clients located across North America. The owners and leadership team have intentionally fostered, and continue to nurture, a workplace culture that puts customers first and that values teamwork, innovation, responsiveness, quality, sustainability, accountability, on-time delivery and shared success.
- SSM has garnered a hard-earned reputation for customer service, quality and reliability and will celebrate 43 years of being in business in 2021. Supported by a network of independent agents across North America and an engaged staff of approximately 230 skilled employees, SSM has successfully cultivated new markets and relationships.
- This strategic growth has generated the need to bring on a second manufacturing facility in Calgary and to hire an exceptional leader to serve in the newly created role of Plant Manager, 84th Street.
- The Plant Manager, 84th Street role is a unique, hands-on and strategic leadership opportunity with multi-faceted dimensions and long-term career advancement potential. A strategic hire to support growth, the Plant Manager, 84th Street will have responsibility for bringing the new facility into production, for hiring, developing and engaging the employees at the facility, for operating and capital budgeting, resource planning, equipment selection, plant layout, manufacturing, profitability, safety, quality and the overall employee and customer experience.
- A key member of the SSM leadership team, Plant Manager, 84th Street will report to the General Manager of SSM and work closely with the other 4 direct management reports to support strategic and tactical planning for SSM overall with designated accountability for ensuring the success of the 84th Street facility. The 84th Street facility is expected to reach full production by July 2021. The facility is anticipated to operate 2 shifts, 5 days a week and to employ 100 to 150 production and 15 to 20 office staff.
- The candidate must be an exceptional proven or emerging leader with strong technical expertise, excellent people management skills, solid business acumen and a proven capacity to clearly articulate vision and goals across all levels of an organization.
- With strong knowledge of metal fabrication, welding, manufacturing, continuous improvement, and lean principles, the candidate must have high integrity, a strong drive for results, a passion for customer service and quality and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- An energetic self-starter with a curious mind, the candidate must have the ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details that matter and a desire to build a career with a great company for the long-term
- Calm under pressure and able to work with complexity and ambiguity, the candidate must have at least 7 years of experience in progressively more responsible and effective management roles in building and leading teams focused on manufacturing operations, maintenance, process improvement and customer service.
- Without doubt, the candidate must have an aptitude for, and interest in, leading an entire business unit and possess excellent problem-solving, analytical, listening, influencing and coaching skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An active listener and proactive coach, the candidate must be willing and able to travel for business and possess abundant common sense and the desire and ability to work within the framework of a privately-owned business.
- Ideally, the candidate will have completed an undergraduate degree in a related engineering discipline.
How to Apply
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to reply, in confidence.
- Please quote File #14679 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualified Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
- We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.